December 23 is the final day the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will be open in 2020. We will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2021. Collectively, we are all looking forward to spending extended time with our families before the application review season begins. While applying to college is necessary and a touch stressful, we hope that you are able to find the time these final days of the year to clear your head. Go outside! Read a book or two. Get away from all monitors (from handheld to computer to television). We know that your application is important, and we respect that this process means so much to you. That said, it is just one of many vital tasks you will complete over the course of your life. You are going to get into college, and that school will undoubtedly be a terrific place to learn and grow. So take a deep breath and relax this holiday season. You’ve earned it.
What follows are some things to keep in mind relating to our process as you work to finalize your application:
- If January 1 comes and goes and you find that your application was officially submitted after midnight, please do not panic. We fully expect that the Common Application, the Coalition application, and our own online application portal will be especially busy all day on Friday, January 1. Give yourself ample time, but do not worry if technical difficulties hamper your ability to submit prior to midnight. Remember, you do have all day on 1/1/21 to work on your application!
- You may apply to Wake Forest using our online application, the Common Application, or the Coalition Application.
- Please give us until February 1 before reaching out with questions about the status of your application. It can take a few weeks for applications and supporting materials, regardless of whether they were submitted online or via mail, to be fully processed and entered into our system.
- We do not track the receipt of supplementary materials (documents or items that are not required as part of our process). Trust that if you or someone on your behalf submits to us additional information beyond that which is required, it will successfully be added to your application.
- On interviews: interviewing has concluded for the year. There are no additional appointments available. We do not offer alumni interviews. Many students will be offered admission who did not interview with us. Take advantage of the short-response prompts on our application and supplement to thoughtfully share your interests and ideas with us.
- Early Decision II applicants: everything above applies to you as well! ED II decisions will be mailed no later than February 15. (Unlike with our Early Decision plan, our ED II and Regular Decision admission plans are not rolling.)
We wish you great luck throughout this process and a happy new year!
- December 14, 2020
- December 9, 2020
- October 12, 2020