December 22 is the final day the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will be open in 2015. Though most high schools have also closed for the year, I’ve interviewed a handful of folks who will be in class through Wednesday – you’ve almost made it! The Admissions Committee here knows that so many of you are finalizing applications and preparing submissions before the January 1 application deadline. Some things to keep in mind relating to our process are as follows:
- Review the previous three blog posts – information on everything from how to track the status of your application to how we process your materials and everything in between is covered!
- On interviews – interviewing concludes on the December 22. There are no additional appointments available. We do not offer interviews with local alums. There are no exceptions to this rule simply because we must now move on to the task of reviewing applications.
- Because we begin reviewing applications in earnest when we return in January, we are unable to meet individually with applicants who visit campus in the winter months. We’d like to (trust me!) – but we’re grounded, locked in our offices reading your responses, evaluating your transcripts, reviewing your recommendations. Full concentration required!
- You will not receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your application, but …
- You may track your own application status through your Window to Wake Forest account page (instructions for doing so are included in the previous post). It is important to remember that items submitted will not instantly appear on your Window. Please give us until February before contacting us regarding your application status. In the meantime, check your Window periodically – items will populate as received and processed throughout the month (we cover the timing of when applications will be processed here). You will receive an email from our office once your application is complete and ready for review.
- If January 1 comes and goes and you find that your application was officially submitted after midnight, do not panic. We fully expect that both the Common Application and our own online application portal will be especially busy all day on Friday, January 1. Give yourself ample time but do not worry if technical difficulties hamper your ability to submit prior to midnight.
- Review the previous three blog posts again! We think they contain information worth knowing!
While applying to college is necessary and a touch stressful, we hope that you are able to find the time these final days of the year to clear your head and wander about for a bit. Go for a nice long walk (and leave your device at home!). Indeed, your application is important and we respect that this process means so much to you. That said, it is just one of many vital tasks you will complete over the course of your life. Keep things in perspective. Have belief that come April you will have terrific options to consider. There are literally hundreds of wonderful colleges and universities out there. You’ll undoubtedly find yourself somewhere you love come August. We wish you great luck going forward and Happy New Year.
- March 30, 2021
- March 26, 2021
- March 8, 2021