Happy New Year!
This is going to be our last post of 2014. We know that high school seniors across the country are finalizing applications and preparing submissions before the January 1 application deadline. I sincerely wish all of you a wonderful 2015 and the best of luck throughout this college admissions process.
Things to keep in mind include:
- Review the previous three blog posts – everything from interview availability to information on tracking your application status is covered.
- On interviews – there are no additional appointments available. We do not offer interviews with local alums and are no longer accepting appointments. There are no exceptions to this rule simply because we must now move on to the task of reviewing applications.
- You will not receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your application.
- You may track your own application status through your Window to Wake Forest account page. However, items submitted will not instantly appear on your Window. Please give us until February before contacting us regarding your application status. In the meantime, check your Window periodically – items will populate as received and processed throughout the month.
- If January 1 comes and goes and you find that your application was officially submitted after midnight, do not panic. We fully expect that both the Common Application and our own online application portal will be especially busy all day on Thursday. Give yourself ample time but do not worry if slow response times hamper your submission.
I wish I could offer some profound advice at this point but I can’t. If I could encourage you to do anything at all it would be to take a nice long walk. Leave your device at home, clear your head and wander for a bit. Yes, your application is important and I respect that preparing it is a stressful endeavor. That said, it is just one of many vital tasks you will complete over the course of your life. Keep things in perspective. Have belief that come April you will have terrific options to consider. There are literally hundreds of wonderful colleges and universities out there. You’ll undoubtedly find yourself somewhere you love come August. Again, good luck and Happy New Year.